CUDOS postdeadline paper at OSA Advanced Photonics
Congratulations to Darren Hudson, Neetesh Singh and the team of co-authors and collaborators for the postdeadline paper accepted for presentation at the OSA Advanced Photoncis meeting in Barcelona, Spain.
This represents a major milestone for CUDOS and its Mid-Infrared Project and the collaboration with Silanna.
Paper title: Octave spanning mid-IR supercontinuum generation in a silicon-on-sapphire waveguide
Authors: Darren Hudson(1); Neetesh Singh(1); Yi Yu(2); Christian Grillet(3); Stuart Jackson(1); Alvaro Casas-Bedoya(1); Andrew Read(4); Petar Atanackovic(4); Steven Duval(4); Stefano Palombo(1); David Moss(5); Barry Luther-Davies(2); Stephen Madden(2); Benjamin Eggleton(1);
1. School of Physics, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia.
2. School of Physics, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia.
3. School of Physics, Ecole Centrale de Lyon, Lyon, France.
4. Silanna Semiconductor, Sydney, NSW, Australia.
5. School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University, Melbourne, VIC, Australia.
Abstract: We generate a 1.9-4.9 μm supercontinuum in dispersion engineered silicon waveguides
with a sapphire substrate. The sapphire substrate allows for extension of the long wavelength edge into the mid-IR by ~1000 nm over silicon-on-silica waveguides.